Small weddings and elopements are here to stay! Blogger babe, Lindsey (aka @thefashionablybroketeacher) said ‘I Do’ in her backyard that was transformed into a boho wedding oasis.We’re forever in awe of the creativity of Our Lovelies. Lindsey and John recently bought their first home together and used their new outdoor space as a blank canvas when it came time to rethink their wedding venue. The two tied the knot at sunset on a nearby beach and then came home to celebrate with 30 of their closest family and friends. The vision for Lindsey’s boho backyard wedding was an ‘effortless vibe filled with dried florals, pampas grass, neutrals, and terracotta shades for warmth. Almost the feeling of a boho underwater reef, with lots of amazing textures and interesting blooms.’ Lindsey’s boho backyard wedding was complete with our Rue De Seine ‘Little Rock’ gown from Lovely Bride Philadelphia. Keep scrolling to see all of the dreamy details and read Lindsey’s top 5 tips for planning a backyard wedding.
Lindsey’s Top Tips for Planning a Backyard Wedding
- Find your dream team of vendors. These should be people that not only do amazing work, but are amazing people in general. Our design team and wedding planners worked seamlessly with our florist, photographer, videographer, and rentals. It made everything so easy and enjoyable.
- Know that you don’t need a huge backyard. You can transform any size into what you are picturing with the right florals, lights, and design elements. The cozy little elements and areas in lounge in our wedding were some of my favorites!
- Rugs are awesome dance floors. We had rugs instead of a typical dance floor and not only did it serve its purpose but it added to our effortless bohemian vibe.
- Find ways to save money. We used our Sonos speakers and created some killer Spotify playlists for every aspect of the day and night. John’s mom also decided to cater our wedding which she was so excited to do.
- Keep it small. Having 30 people gave us the time to actually enjoy and talk to everyone who attended. We never felt overwhelmed and felt truly loved by everyone who celebrated with us.
How did you know your Rue De Seine ‘Little Rock’ was the one?
‘I knew I wanted a Rue De Seine dress and they were all so gorgeous but I fell in love with the high neck detail and sleeves of Little Rock. I also was obsessed with the open back and how every detail was so unique and flattering.’ – @thefashionablybroketeacher
Do you have any wedding dress shopping tips for Our Lovelies?
‘Definitely do a little research and look up some designers to see if any just speak to you! Go in with an open mind and only bring 1 – 3 people. This way you can really get a feel for what you like and can narrow down what exactly you are looking for. I knew I wanted a Rue De Seine after seeing their new collection. As soon as I put on Little Rock I knew and my mom and sis could see it on my face.’ – @thefashionablybroketeacher
What will you remember most about your wedding in 10 years?
‘I’ll never forget how special it was to see every dream of ours just come together and then see our backyard transformed. The dress, our family and friends, our amazing team that worked to help us capture every moment and who designed every element and transformed the beach and backyard for us, and of course the feeling of being so effortlessly calm and the happiest I’ve ever been with John. It was truly such a magical day.’ – @thefashionablybroketeacher