How are you going to accessorize your wedding dress, bridal babes?
From belts and capes to headbands and hair pieces there are plenty of options, but today we thought we would focus on the most classic accessory of all – the wedding veil. If you’re considering completing your wedding day look with a veil, there are a few key things you will want to consider: style, length, added details, and how to place your veil into your hair.
Before we jump any further into 10 veils we love from designers we adore, let’s dive into a few quick tips about how, when, and where to place your veil into your hair:
- Veil Comb: Many veils are attached to a classic comb, which is excellent! This makes the process of putting your veil into place quick and easy. Combs are typically rounded, so the arc of the comb will generally follow the same shape as your head.
- Ask Your Hairstylist: If you’re having a hairstylist do your hair during your wedding morning, make sure she knows you’re going to add a veil. Many stylists will prep an area where they envision your veil being put into place in advance.
- Have Your Maid/Matron of Honor Watch: Whether she stops by in advance or gets the veil lowdown from your hairstylist on your wedding day, making sure your MOH is aware about how to put your veil into place. You won’t be able to see behind your head to offer instructions, so it’s key for someone else to be in the know!
- Wait to Place: Most veils are comfortable and lightweight, but sometimes it’s easier to add your veil moments before a first look or minutes before walking down the aisle after you’ve arrived at your ceremony location. Have an idea in mind about when you would like to put your veil on, and make sure your bridesmaids and wedding professional team are on board with your plan.
- When to Wear: Most brides add a veil because they want to wear a traditional accessory with modern style during their ceremony and portraits. Once those are complete, feel free to take your veil off. Depending on the length, you will likely have much more fun on the dance floor without it!
Now that we’ve gone through the details, let’s get into 10 gorgeous veils that would look incredible with your Lovely Bride gown!
Book an appointment here to find your wedding dress and veil at a Lovely Bride bridal shop near you.
We love the Lennon veil by Alexandra Grecco because the floral applique details are dainty and beautiful. Plus, the combination of the veil’s length and the concentration of the florals on the cathedral train allow the piece to make a statement on its own rather than ever feeling as though it will compete with your wedding dress.
If you’re going to wear a veil, and your goal is to make a statement, the Luna veil by Alexandra Grecco is for you! This piece has star and moon jewels placed throughout as appliques, and we are obsessed with the modern meets glam feel. How perfect would this be for a black-tie wedding or one happening on New Year’s Eve? P.S: The Quinn veil with its pearl details is another favorite!
The Emmy veil by Emmy Mae Bridal combines two of our favorite details together – a cathedral veil and a blusher! If you are dreaming of walking down the aisle with a blusher covering your face and still hoping for the added drama of a cathedral length veil, this would be a beautiful choice. We can already envision this veil on brides getting married in some of the most classic city churches!
The Holly veil by Made with Love Bridal features soft tulle, and we love this peek of a bride and her groom walking through a vineyard. It’s the perfect view of a cathedral length veil in action in a stunning outdoor setting.
In our opinion, the simplicity of the Espana veil by Toni Federici only adds to its appeal! We love how it’s paired with a more modern silk dress in the photo, but we can just as easily see it paired with a satin gown or even one with lace. City brides, this one is for you!
The most boho veil has to be the Vine by Lovers Society! Rather than featuring applique, the vine detailing on this veil is actually embroidered onto the piece. We love it, especially for brides getting married in unique settings, like camps or the mountains.
The Bec veil by Emmy Mae Bridal is another cathedral length piece, and the lace on it allows it to feel vintage but with contemporary flair. This is a veil we think could easily transform into a beloved family heirloom.
The name of this veil alone makes a statement, and we love how Made with Love Bridal decided to focus the lace detailing on the very bottom section and edges of their Stevie veil. Your dress will still be completely in view, and your walk down the aisle will have an extra “wow” factor as you pass by your guests.
The Anne veil by Aleksa Karina has an effortlessly simple feel to it, which is why we adore it. It’s as relaxed and cool as it is traditional and classic, and it’s the only fingertip veil of the bunch.
The Avalon by Toni Federici has a classic shape that will frame you and your dress perfectly, and we also love that it features ribbon edging. The ribbon may feel like a slight addition, but we think it does wonders to elevate this veil into classic and timeless territory.
So, what are your veil dreams? We have many of these veils in stock at Lovely, so you can try them on with your dress while you’re at any of our boutiques! We can’t wait to see which one looks the most like you.
Book an appointment today to find your wedding dress and veil at a Lovely Bride bridal shop near you!